Teaching and Learning Policies
This policy aims to:
Provide clear guidelines on our approach to formative and summative assessment.
Establish a consistent and coherent approach to recording summative assessment outcomes and reporting to parents.
Clearly set out how and when assessment practice will be monitored and evaluated.
Teaching and learning are at the core of what we do. High quality learning, teaching and the best possible achievement are what we want for every student at Sexey’s. The better our shared understanding of what constitutes effective teaching and learning, the greater our success will be.
1. Support all colleagues in implementing consistent high quality teaching.
2. Ensure all students experience consistent high quality learning.
3. Identify and share good practice.
4. Provide additional support where evidence suggests that it is required
5. Provide evidence to support the schools self evaluation judgements.