Sexey’s School takes the issue of privacy seriously. We recognise that, when you provide us with information about yourself or your family, you trust us to act in a responsible manner and we are committed to making sure that we earn that trust.
Our policy for how we use information that you provide us, or that we collect through your use of our Site, is set out below. Please note that by visiting our Site, you are accepting the practices described in this notice.
The information we collect
When you visit sexeys.somerset.sch.uk (the “Site”), we collect information that helps us understand how people use our Site so that we can continue to make it more valuable to users over time. No information we collect in this way is directly or indirectly traceable back to a specific person. In addition to gathering basic usage information, we also collect information that helps us monitor network traffic and enables us to identify unauthorised or unusual activity on the Site. The specific information we collect includes:
Name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, internet protocol address of the host server you are using, names and version of your web browser, the date and time you access our Site, and the internet address of the Site from which you linked to us, where applicable.
We may also collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, or request any information
- In connection with a parent portal facility, your log-in and password details
- Details of any transactions made by you through the Site
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- Employment details if you send us a CV, resumé or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, we adhere to strict security procedures and have taken all appropriate measures to ensure that no unauthorised disclosures of your details are made to a third party without your permission.
We may however, disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to support our marketing endeavours and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
We may also occasionally use your details to inform you of other features and services offered by Sexey’s School that we think you may be interested in and we may contact you by post, email or telephone unless you have requested us not to.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.