A Level (KS5)
Congratulations to our A Level students who have navigated their way through a very challenging secondary school experience and made the transition from GCSE’s to A Levels remarkably well.
69% of students achieving grades A*-C, 19% gaining A*-A grades, and 99% pass rate.
88% of students who applied to go to university secured their destination, with with 52% confirmed as going to Russell Group Universities.
Other data points include:
- Average points: 33.4 (C+)
Based on our 2023 GCSE examination results, Sexey’s students once again achieved highly, with the following data points:
- Attainment 8 score: 52.7
- The percentage of students who’ve achieved a strong pass (Grade 5 or above) in English and Maths at the end of KS4: 77%
- The percentage of pupils who’ve achieved a standard pass (grade 4 or above) in English and Maths at the end of KS4: 79%
- The percentage of pupils entering for the English Baccalaureate (EBacc): 89%
- The percentage of pupils who’ve achieved the English Baccalaureate: 49% Standard pass / 33% Strong pass
Sexey’s is a non-selective state boarding and day school.
Additional information can be read on the government website here.
Key Stage 4 destinations
100% of Sexey’s students stayed in education or employment after KS4 (2022 leavers).
*Progress 8 is a measure of value added i.e. it compares how students achieved at the end of Year 11 compared to their results from primary school, with which they entered Sexey’s School. For example, a score of +0.20 means that, on average, students achieve a fifth of a grade more highly at Sexey’s School than they would in a school performing at the national average.