A Level Results 2022
Sexey’s School is proud of its Year 13 students.
Headteacher at Sexey’s School, Helen Cullen, celebrated the success of Year 13 students by saying “Congratulations to our students who took their A Levels this summer, this wonderful group of young people have shown true strength and resilience over the last two years, and I am very proud of what they have individually and collectively achieved.”
Sexey’s School is a state boarding school for 11 to 18 year old’s. Helen Cullen and all the staff are proud that over 84% of those students who applied to university have secured a place at their chosen University. This year Sexey’s School has seen an increased number of young people moving onto apprenticeships, employment with training and several taking a gap year and travelling.
John Moise, Director of Sixth Form shared “All students should be very proud of their achievements, which is the product of their hard work. In particular, as is the tradition, we celebrate our top performing students who include:
- Rose Beedle (A*,A*,A* and A* EPQ) who will be progressing to Cambridge University to Study Archaeology
- Margot Gover (A*,A*,A,A) who will be progressing to Kings College London, University of London to study English
- Iain Kirkwood (A*,A,A) who will be progressing to the University of East Anglia to study Paramedic Science
- Rebecca Fay (A*,A,A) who will be progressing to University College London to study Anthropology with a year studying overseas”.
Helen Cullen celebrated the exceptional work of the staff at Sexey’s School and expressed her gratitude to the staff who in her words “have shown true resilience and determination with an unrelenting commitment to inspire, motivate and support Year 13 to ensure they get the best possible grades they can in these exams”.
This year we have seen a number of subjects gaining some excellent results including:
- A Level RE (100% A*-B)
- A Level History (91% A*-C)
- A Level English (89% A*-C)
- A Level Geology (80* A*-C)
- A Level Psychology (80% A-C)
Sexey’s Art Department continues to grow form strength to strength with the A Level A* to C pass rate being 100% and 80% of students who took A Level Photography gaining an A*-C.
Helen Cullen went on to share “As always Sexey’s Sixth Form students leave us as confident, courageous young people with the skills and knowledge to be successful in the next stage of their lives whilst holding the schools core values central to how they treat others. We wish all Year 13 every success in the next stage in their journey of lifelong learning and look forward to hearing about their lives beyond Sexey’s School.”