Performing Arts Christmas Concert
This year we celebrated our students’ Performing Arts achievements with a virtual Christmas Concert. Congratulations to everyone who took part and bravely faced the camera to bring you this production. We hope that you enjoy it!
Acts in order of appearance:
- Holiday in Paris, by William Gillock, performed by Oscar, Year 10
- Antigone, by Sophocles, performed by Ottilie, Year 7
- Carol of the Bells, performed by Sexey’s Sixth’s Choir: Charlotte, Rose, Elsie, Jasmine, Tiffany, Alice, Niamh, and Imogen, accompanied by Mr Whitford-Williams
- Nina by Pergolesi, performed by Flo, Year 9, accompanied by Mr Whitford-Williams
- The March Sisters, an interpretation of Little Women, performed by Amelie, Bronte, Iyla and Rosie
- Glassy Sky, performed by Rishi, Year 10
- DNA, by Dennis Kelly, performed by Ali, Year 7
- All the Time, written and performed by Michael, Year 13
- Edmund’s monologue from King Lear, written by William Shakespeare, performed by Fred, Year 10
- Coventry Carol, performed by Sexey’s Sixth’s Windband Ensemble: Iain, Rose, Alice, Ellen, Elsie, Mr Bettle, Mr McMullan
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, performed by Sexey’s Sixth’s Windband Ensemble: Iain, Rose, Alice, Ellen, Elsie, Mr Bettle, Mr McMullan
- O Little Town of Bethlehem, performed by Thea, Year 7
- Swan Lake, by Tchaikovsky, performed by Eden, Year 9 and Imogen, Year 11, accompanied by Mr Bettle
- The Authorised Kate Bane, by Ella Hickson, performed by Iva, Year 7
- Silent Night, with English and Spanish lyrics, performed by Flo, Year 9, and Berta, Sofia, Adrian, Christine, Guillermo, Valentina, Iciaz, Rodrigo, Jose, Pilar, and Berta, accompanied by Mr Whitford-Williams
- Christmas is… , performed by Katie, Natasha, Freya, Elise, Harry, Jack, Theo, Arthur (Year 7, Group one) and Grace, Ali, Anna, Zac, Tom, Nathan, Amelia, Charlee (Year 7, Group two). Year 7 have been learning about Choral Speaking and one of their tasks was to create their own Choral Speech based on the stimulus “Christmas is…”. Students who don’t observe Christmas were tasked with extending leadership skills by directing the work created.
- “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”, performed by Sexey’s Sixth’s Windband Ensemble: Iain, Rose, Alice, Ellen, Elsie, Mr Bettle, Mr McMullan
Our thanks to Mr McMullan (Director of Music), Mrs Kiddell (Head of Drama), Mrs Scannell (Trinity Guildhall tutor), Mr Bettle and Mr Whitford-Williams for organising this event.