Great Sexey’s Bake Off
Mrs Waller has now announced the results of her annual competition for Key Stages 3 and 4: The Great Sexey’s Bake Off! This competition is open to all students in KS3&4, not just those currently undertaking Food Technology.
Please see this document for all of the instructions, challenges, and competition rules.
Ready, Set, Bake!
The competition had two tasks:
Make your own traybake in the style of Great British Bake off. Use cookery books, magazines and the internet to find ideas. BBC good food is a great place to start.
Make a flatbread with a colourful savoury topping.
Use cookery books, magazines and the internet to find ideas. BBC good food is a great place to start.
Congratulations to all of our winners – with over 50 entries this year it was a tough competition! Without being able to taste the dishes this year, judging was based on: the skills demonstrated, creativity and the presentation.
- Year 7: 1st prize – Olivia Holt; 2nd prize – Marcos Moreles Singer
- Year 8: 1st prize – Elli May Adlam; 2nd prize – Jamie Ashelford
- Year 7: 1st prize – Scarlett Hodges; 2nd prize – Carys Madew
- Year 8: 1st prize – Bella Bray Ortiz; 2nd prize – Ruby Stokes
- Year 9: 1st prize – Will Goodman; 2nd prize – Billy Cary; 3rd prize – Hayden Lewis
- Year 10: 1st prize – Emily Clothier; 2nd prize – Mollie White; 3rd prize – Laura Downting
For all of the Highly Commended entries, and for all photos, please see the document here.
Prizes and certificates will be sent to all of our winning students. Well done to everyone who took part! Thank you for your entries.