Emergency closure procedure
We will always make every effort to keep Sexey’s open, but extreme weather or loss of essential services could necessitate a closure. Except in very exceptional circumstances boarders will remain in school and will be managed by housestaff and in the very unlikely circumstances that boarders have to be sent home, parents/guardians will be contacted by housestaff.
Please find below our Emergency Closure Procedure:
- Any decision not to open will be made at 7am.
- We will post a closure message on the website which will be updated as soon as possible after 7.00am. All website information will be posted on the school’s Front Page. Updates will also be posted to our Facebook and Twitter (@SexeysSchool) accounts.
- Parents will be contacted by text message as soon as possible after 7.00am – it is therefore very important that the School has an up to date contact mobile number, or that the primary contact has downloaded the School Gateway App.
- For information regarding weather affected transport provided by Transporting Somerset please look at their website www.somerset.gov.uk/badweathertransport
- The local radio stations will be informed – please listen to BBC Somerset (95.5FM, 1566AM/MW and online at bbc.co.uk/somerset).
Please do not ring the school for information unless absolutely necessary.
It may be necessary to close the school early for day students if the weather deteriorates; please ensure that your child has a key to get into their home, or alternative care arrangements are in place if necessary. If day students cannot be sent home safely they will remain in school until they can be collected.
Thank you for your cooperation and support in this matter.