Sexey's School is committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all students. We believe that students have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse.
Staff are vigilant for signs of any student in distress and are confident in applying our safeguarding and Child Protection procedures to avert and alleviate any such problems.
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
• Protecting children from maltreatment
• Preventing impairment of children's health or development
• Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
• Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
The school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Team consists of: Mr Phil Clackson (Designated Lead for Safeguarding) Mr Irfan Latif (Headmaster, Deputy DSL) Mr Phil Todd (Deputy DSL) and Mrs Louise Terry (Pastoral Assistant).
The school safeguards students with reference to the following three Department for Education guidance documents:
· Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015
· Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016
· The Prevent Duty 2015
The Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy is available to parents and students on the school website here. All staff receive annual Safeguarding and Child Protection update training and are aware of the procedures for passing on concerns within school.
If any members of the school or local community have concerns about the welfare of a child in the school, please pass them on to the School Safeguarding and Child Protection Team.