A Level Results 2018
Students from Sexey’s Sixth Form are celebrating excellent results, once again exceeding the national average. Staff and students can quite rightly be proud of the results with 34% gaining the top grades of A* or A, compared with the national average 26%. Once again the school has bucked the national trend with an increase in the A* to C pass rate to 91% where nationally there been a fall in this figure. Staff and students quite rightly have a lot to celebrate, students have done exceptionally well with a 100% pass rate and 66% achieving A*to B grades. Sexey’s Sixth Form is proud to yet again have high performing, hardworking students who are reaping the benefits of their hard work and the excellent teaching, care and support they receive from their teachers.
Sexey’s Sixth Form continues to place students at many of the top universities in the country. We are proud of all our students results and the progress they have made during their time with us, which exceeds the national average. There were many outstanding results across a range of students from a large number of students including:
- Jamie Beedle (Sexey’s) achieved A* in Geography, Maths, EPQ and A in Further Maths and will be going to Cambridge to study Geography.
- Jordan Hunt (Sexey’s) achieved A*in Biology, Chemistry and Maths and A in Further Maths and will be going to Cambridge to study Natural Sciences.
- James Cridland (Sexey’s) achieved A in Biology, Chemistry and Maths and will be going to Exeter to study Biological Sciences.
- Asher Hutchinson (Sexey’s) achieved A in History, G&P, Psychology and A* in EPQ and will be going to Manchester to study Politics.
- Jacob Lee (Frome College and Sexey’s) achieved A* in Maths, Physics and EPQ and A in Further Maths and will be going to Bath to study Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Sam Norton (Woodruffe and Sexey’s) achieved an A* in Business, A in Geography, B in History and will be going on to study Economics at University.
- Epernay Eales (Ansford and Sexey’s) achieved Double Distinction Star in PE and a B in Biology and will be going to KCL to study Physiotherapy.
- Ellice Pounder (Preston and Sexey’s) achieved an A* in Geography and EPQ, A in Biology and B in English and will be going on to study Law at University.
- Emily Douglas (Sexey’s) achieved A in English and History, B in French and an A* in EPQ and will be taking a Gap Year before going on to University.
- Cerys Lupton Jones (Downlands and Sexey’s) achieved A in Sociology and Psychology, B in Photography and will be going to Manchester to study Child Nursing.
I would like to pay tribute to the excellent staff at Sexey’s School who have supported these students through their A Levels, in particular Linda Nixon (Assistant Head Sixth Form). As we celebrate with these students, we remember that these results together with the wide range of experiences and outstanding support they have had during their time at Sexey’s has helped prepare each and every student for the next stage in their journey of lifelong learning. We wish each and every one of them every success in their future and look forward to hearing about their future successes through Sexey’s Alumni.