Headteacher’s Weekly Notes 13.07.18

Headteacher’s Weekly Notes 13.07.18

The end of term has finally arrived and I am sure you are looking forward to a fun filled summer holiday with your families.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the parents of Sexey’s school for their continued loyalty and support. The school is in a far stronger position than at the beginning of the year with an improved Boarding inspection outcome, a waiting list to join Sexey’s, recruitment of excellent teachers, an impressive new Headteacher who possesses the right skills set to take the school on its next development and happy, safe children who are achieving way beyond their peers nationally in academic progress.

The school said its goodbyes to a number of staff this week. Most notably, Brian Stubbs (36 years’ service), Linda Nixon (31 years’ service) and Deb Holmes (29 years’ service). We had a moving leavers’ assembly with the students on Thursday, and the staff had an opportunity to say thank you and goodbye to the school. Like any organisation, it is the people that make it what it is, so we wish all our leaving staff the very best in their new ventures.

Finally, it is my turn to say goodbye. It has been an honour and a privilege to be the Headteacher of Sexey’s School. To be at the helm of such a prestigious organisation has been quite a responsibility. I have felt like a custodian of a special artefact helping to ensure its longevity. As always in these contexts I have not done this alone, and I would like to thank all of the staff and governors at the school for their hard work and commitment in getting us to where we are today.

My very best wishes to you all and I hope that you have an enjoyable summer holiday.