Headteacher’s weekly notes: 26.01.18

Headteacher’s weekly notes: 26.01.18

Another energising and fast-paced week has drawn to a close. I have had the privilege of dropping in to a number of exemplary activities being led by teachers and students alike on my travels around the school.

I am always impressed by the quality of the relationships between staff and students and the respectful way in which people communicate with each other. We have continued to invest in staff training through a session held recently on autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and how to support young people with the disorder in classrooms. We are planning a stimulating INSET day on the 9th February on behaviour management, the role of the tutor and wider pastoral issues to enable staff to feel fully equipped with the skills to manage their classrooms at an outstanding level. We will be working with the Cathedral School’s Trust on the delivery of this INSET.

Go Karting was a wonderful success this week, my thanks go to Alison Goodman for organising this and I thoroughly enjoyed the pantomime production from the previous week. The students were very impressive in their acting abilities.

We have the PSA Spring Ball to look forward to on the 3rd March.  I will be attending with my husband and I look forward to as many parents and carers coming who can. I understand that it is always an enjoyable event.