Applications for Sixth Form: Open Now and Interviews to Follow Shortly

Headteacher’s weekly notes: 24.11.17

It was a great pleasure to meet so many of you on Tuesday evening – thank you for taking the time on a cold and dark night to share your thoughts with us. Something that came out loud and clear was that you would like to be more involved and better informed of what is happening in school, and I have been given plenty of food for thought on that front. To this end, I will be running bi-monthly evening sessions for you to come and hear updates from me, starting from January. The first of these will be held on Tuesday 16 January 2018, 6-7pm. Attached to this email are notes from this week’s session which many of you were kind enough to ask for a copy. The PowerPoint presentation is also available, please request a copy from Mrs Stallion (sstallion@sexeys.somerset.sch.uk) if you would like that as well.

Another message that came out of the evening was an enthusiasm for celebration of successes here in school and I couldn’t agree with you more – there is so much good stuff to shout about at Sexey’s. This week we’ve been proud to see Jasmine Cryer, Year 12, awarded an Arkwright Scholarship. Scholars are selected annually for their potential as future engineering leaders by assessing their academic, practical and leadership skills in STEM so congratulations to Jasmine for her success, the product of a lot of hard work.

Our sports stars were also out in force this week with rugby and hockey games against Frome Community College, Sherborne Girls, The Park School, Beechen Cliff School and of course on Thursday, the U14 hockey girls’ area finals.

Last but not least, I offer a huge thank you to all members of the Parents Staff Association who also met this week – I look forward to be able to announce the dates for the events being arranged by them for the year ahead. We are so grateful for all of the hard work that you do for the school.

Onwards together!